Home Goods Retailer Tests New vs. Returning Category Page Carousel
A home good retailer wanted to test a better product category page carousel experience. They were looking for an easy place to start, so they looked at differentiating the products for new vs. returning visitors.
Improvement in all the right places:
- 9% Uplift in Revenue Per Session
- 5% Increase in Average Order Value
- 4% Increase in Time on Site
- Based on experience, the retailer knew that presenting “bestsellers” or “newest” products resonated the best for the different segments they were targeting.
- They were also about to base the experience of returning visitors using products from category previously viewed/purchased.