Helly Hansen Delivers Personalized Experiences to Outdoor Enthusiasts Across Countries and Oceans
Helly Hansen is a Norwegian producer of outdoor and workwear gear with a rich history that stretches back to 1877, and a fast-growing appeal that has seen it popularized across countries and cultures. The company produces high-performance apparel for a wide range of enthusiasts in the sailing, hiking, and skiing categories. The outdoor outfitter sells directly to customers in 19 stores around the world as well as to an international audience online.
Given Helly Hansen’s worldwide appeal, both its Norwegian and U.S. eCommerce teams wanted to create new strategies for more dynamic, personalized experiences that their former eCommerce platforms couldn’t provide with its add-on personalization feature. The company wanted a new, segmented site that was well-targeted to customers across a global array of outdoor interests.
Success with Strategy
Monetate All-In-One Action
- Adapted messaging to changing seasons.
- New data inputs such as country, current weather, predicted forecast, and most importantly, past behavioral data such as site searches and past purchases—all out-of-the-box Monetate targets.
- Highlighted products based on overall past browsing behaviors.
- Added influencer messaging such as “most popular” and “trending.”
- Product recommendations split into menswear vs. womensware for both warm + cold weather gear.
Our recommendations combine insights pulled from data points like previous browsing history, current browsing activity, gender, and other relevant factors.
Personalization Across 19 Countries and 7 Languages with Monetate
We combined Automated Personalization and Advanced Recommendations Techniques to:
on Product Detail Pages with Dynamic Tests
in the men’s section of the site with slotted recommendations
by using 1-to-1 Personalization on their homepage
based on Monetate’s recommendations
One of the great things about Monetate has been that we have great support for all the locations. Monetate has helped our widely dispersed team learn how to use the tool and run with it, even with a 9 hour time change.
Change How You Communicate To Your Visitors
Make your website more welcoming. Make it more personal. Make it more profitable.